Starting Date: 24/11/2021
Place: Centro de Estudios de Física del Cosmos de Aragón (CEFCA), Teruel, Spain / Virtual
Description and Main Objectives of the Meeting:
Carrying out legacy surveys is the main objective of the Observatorio Astrofísico de Javalambre (OAJ) facility. Following this goal, and to maintain the competitiveness of the facility in the next five years, a public call will be made to define the second-generation surveys with the OAJ JAST80 telescope from the first quarter of 2023.
The JAST80 is a Ritchey-Chrétien telescope with an 83 cm primary mirror, equatorial mount, a three-lens field corrector, and a 2-degree square diameter focal plane. Located in this focal plane is the T80Cam, a wide-field panoramic camera equipped with a 9.2k × 9.2k pixel large-format CCD that provides a field of view of 2 square degrees with a scale of 0.55 arcsec per pixel. T80Cam can be equipped with 12 optical filters simultaneously.
The second generation surveys with JAST80 may use T80Cam and the available filters (ugriz + 7 intermediate filters from J-PLUS + 3 intermediate filters from GALANTE), require the definition of new optical filters, or demand the development of new instrumentation.
The RIA meeting will be a discussion forum where the public call for the second generation surveys with the JAST80 will be detailed, the ideas from the community presented, and progress will be made in the technical definition of the possible projects. We encourage any research group interested in the future legacy surveys with JAST80 to participate in the meeting.
The schedule for the definition of new legacy projects with JAST80 after the RIA meeting is:
February 2022: Opening of the call for second generation surveys with JAST80.
May 2022: Deadline for submitting applications.
July 2022: Decision of the Time Allocation Committee.
January 2023: Beginning of the new legacy surveys.
Scientific Organising Committee (SOC):
- Silvia Bonoli (DIPC)
- Francesca Figueras (UB)
- Alfonso López Aguerri (IAC)
- Carlos López San Juan (CEFCA)
- Antonio Marín Franch (CEFCA)
- Isabel Márquez (IAA)
- Jesús Varela (CEFCA)
Local Organising Committee (LOC):
- Raúl Infante
- Carlos López San Juan
- Andrés del Pino
- Irene Pintos Castro
- Stylianos Pyrzas
- Luisa Valdivielso
- Alicia Romero
- Inés Muñoz
- Juan Antonio Fernández Ontiveros
- Martín A Guerrero Roncel
- Registration deadline for contributions and financial support: November 12, 2021
- Final program and resolution of financial support: November 19, 2021
- Registration deadline: November 19, 2021
- Registration Fee: this meeting is supported by the RIA grant 28.06.463B.44.906 (Presupuestos Generales del Estado 2021) and the registration fee is waived.
- The meeting will take place in Teruel, with the possibility to attend it virtually. The preferred attending (in person/virtual) can be selected in the registration form.
- Financial support: there is a small number of travel and/or lodge support grants for participants funded by RIA (request period over).
- Participants list.
- Registration form.
- Local information: LOC recommends the following local lodge. A map with restaurants, lodge, venue and other places of interest can be accessed here.
- Presentation videos (link a Youtube)