The Gran Telescopio Canarias and the Cherenkov Telescope Array will soon represent the two largest facilities in their corresponding areas of specialization. Besides, CTA-North and GTC share premises and, therefore, have access to the same portion of the sky simultaneously. These are facilities in which the groups within the new Instituto de Física de Partículas y del Cosmos have a long history of scientific and technological participation and are a natural area of collaboration within the institute. These telescopes are called to contribute dramatically to the advance of our knowledge about the properties of stars, galaxies and on basic cosmological parameters.
During this workshop we will study the feasibility of joint scientific initiatives for the combined exploitation of these facilities and we will know first hand of the development of (recently available and proposed) scientific instruments that could strengthen such type of initiatives.
- Tarek Hassan (DESY)
- Ramón García López (IAC)
- Simona Paiano (INAF)
- Antonio de Ugarte Postigo (IAA-CSIC)
- Vik Dhillon (U. Sheffield)
- Antonio Cabrera-Lavers (GRANTECAN)
Scientific Organizing Committee (IPARCOS):
- José Luis Contreras (co-chair)
- Armando Gil de Paz (co-chair)
- Jesús Gallego
- África Castillo-Morales
- Nicolás Cardiel
- Santi Roca-Fàbrega
- Javier Gorgas
- Patricia Sánchez-Blázquez
- David Montes
- Fernando Arqueros
- Alberto Domínguez
- Antonio López-Maroto
- Prado Martín-Moruno
Local Organizing Committee:
- Ainhoa Sánchez Penim (UCM, chair)
- José Luis Contreras (UCM)
- Armando Gil de Paz (UCM)
África Castillo-Morales (UCM)
Cristina Cabello González (UCM)
- This workshop is sponsored by IPARCOS & RIA (AYA2017-9068-REDI).
- Registration is free.
- All the information and the registration form are available at: https://guaix.ucm.es/sinergiasgtc-cta