The Board (CD from Comité Directivo in Spanish) is the body of institutional participation in the network. All the institutions, on which the ICTS on Astronomy currently depend, are part of the CD.
The CD defines the aims, structure, operation and actions of the network.
The CD will meet at least once a year to oversee the ongoing tasks of the network, define (or review) specific goals and, when necessary, approve the requested deliverables. The CD will meet as many times as necessary, upon request of any of its members.
The CD will approve and review the structure of the network working groups whenever necessary.
The CD will be composed by:
- The Deputy General of Large Scientific-Technical Infrastructures, the Deputy General of International Relations and the Head of the Division for Coordination, Evaluation and Scientific and Technical Monitoring of MINECO, acting in rotation as main representative and alternate members.
- The Head of the Spanish Delegation to ESO.
- The Director General of the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias, or the Deputy Director, by delegation
The Vice president of Organization and Institutional Relations of the Spanish National Research Council, or the Director of the Instituto de Astrofísica de Andalucía, by delegation.
- The Director of GRANTECAN.
- The Deputy General of Astronomy, Geodesy and Geophysics of the Instituto Geográfico Nacional, or the Director of the Observatorio Astronómico Nacional, by delegation.
- The Director of Aeronautics, Returns and Industrial Area of CDTI, or by delegation the Delegate of Spain in the Science Programme Committee of ESA, will attend as an observer to the Board meetings, at the discretion of the Board President.
The backup members of the CD will be invited and may attend its meetings, maintaining a single vote per institution.
|Jose Doncel (Chair)||Deputy General of Large Scientific-Technical Infrastructures of MICINN||MINECO|
|Benjamín Sánchez||Deputy General of International Relations||MINECO|
|Clemente López||Head of the Division for Coordination, Evaluation and Scientific and Technical Monitoring||MINECO (AEI)|
|José Ramón Urquijo Goitia||Vice president of Organization and Institutional Relations of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)||CSIC|
|Antxón Alberdi||Director of the IAA-CSIC||CSIC (suplente)|
José Antonio López Fernández
|Deputy General of Astronomy, Geophysics and Space Applications of the IGN||IGN|
|Rafael Bachiller||Director of the OAN||IGN (suplente)|
|Rafael Rebolo||Director of the IAC||IAC|
|Carlos Martínez Roger||Sub director of the IAC||IAC (suplente)|
|Romano Corradi||Director of GRANTECAN (since 02/06/2016)||GRANTECAN|
|Javier Cerarro||Director os the Centro de Estudios de Física del Cosmos de Aragón (CEFCA)||OAJ-CEFCA|
|Vicent Martínez/Jordi Torra (Secretary)||RIA Coordinator||MINECO|
|Juan Carlos Cortés (Invited)||Representante del CDTI||CDTI|
|Pilar Román (Invited)||Delegate of Spain in the SPC of ESA||CDTI (suplente)|
AEI = Agencia Estatal de Investigación